Friday, September 29, 2006

My and 3 of my best friends' hands who are either engaged or married! From left to right: Lauren Strickler, Erin Faust, Me (yes, the ugliest hand, but a beautiful ring! :)) and Maggee Robinson.
This is a picture of some of the girls in my pledge class!

When I got engaged, I told very few people because I wanted to have a candlelight at my sorority house. This is where a sign goes up on newsboard that someone is having a candlelight (meaning someone got engaged) later in the week. So everyone talks amongst themselves all week long trying to figure out who it is. Then usually after chapter on Wednesday night, the sorority gets in a huge circle and passes around a candle while singing our sweetheart song. After the candle goes through the entire circle once, everyone claps. On the second time around, the girl who is engaged blows out the candle, everyone cheers and then she gets to tell her story!

No comments: