Saturday, July 04, 2009

28 Weeks!

A quick update from my last Dr.'s visit: Well, besides everything with the baby looking right on target, it's kind of funny because he put me on a "low-carb" diet! He told me I was gaining too much weight! I had gained 10 pounds in between 2 visits and he doesn't want that trend to keep going...this is all kind of ironic considering that his partner had been telling me in the beginning that I wasn't gaining Enough weight and had me drinking milkshakes, etc, like crazy! Haha, so to all of you who might not gain the correct amount of weight in the beginning...just wait, it will come!!! :) Oh, and we chose not to do the 4-D pictures...we want to be totally surprised when we see his sweet face!!
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.


No comments: